Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs

I read this book back when it first came out two years ago, and had thought I reviewed it.

This is a year and a half long journey that the author found himself on where he followed the laws as they are listed in the bible.
It made for some interesting trials. At first, I wasn't sure I could get into a book about religion, but found myself glued to it. AJ Jacobs uses humour and personal errors as the jumping off point for his quest.

Could modern man be able to live up to the "moral code" laid out in both the Old Testament and New Testament?
Maybe.
Can enlightenment and spiritual purpose be found in someone who has never really seen themselves as being spiritual or religious?
Yes.
This is a book that anyone having questions about their personal spiritual beliefs should pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment